SH House, in Amsterdam

Architecture

16 JAN 2013

 

A project from the Baksvanwengerden Architecten office, an SH House, located in a village between Haarlem and Bentveld, in the Netherlands, has been extended.

Although the house was built in 1932, the external expansion has been done using masonry, covered with a two sided roof, creating a continuation of the inclination of the roof.

The original interior was very dark and claustrophobic due to the old division of the rooms. The removal of internal partitions and the use a flat floor increased the view to the garden, creating a beautiful landscape, framed by white walls in the rear of the residence.